Connectors allow you to funnel information from an outside web service directly into conversation in Teams. You can sign into your account in services like Twitter, Github, and Google Analytics, then see important messages or updates from those services appear in your Teams conversation. This is a great way to automate sharing of information with your team members.
- [Instructor] In this movie,…I want to talk about add-ons that you can use…to bring additional information and interactivity…to your teams and channels…starting with connectors.…Connectors allow you to bring information from other sources…into your team conversations.…It's a bit difficult to describe until you see it in action…so let's set up a connector.…First, I want to select the channel that I want to work in…so I have the general channel selected.…Then if we look over here in the main part of the window,…all the way up at the top we can see this path.…
We see the name of the team and the name of the channel…and then there's a menu button to the right of that.…I want to click on that and we see a bunch of options…that we've seen elsewhere in this course,…but this is where you'll go to work with connectors…so I'm going to choose that.…So now I can see a list of the connectors that I could add.…Looking over at the side bar on the left,…there are several categories.…Right now, I'm in the all category…so this list shows me a list…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android