If you want to send a private message to one person or a small group of people without making that message visible to the entire team, you should consider using chats. Chats work like other instant messaging applications. This video will show how to send chat messages to a single recipient or multiple recipients.
- [Instructor] The group conversations…that happen in channels…are visible to all members of the team.…If you want to send a private message directed…at only one or a few specific team members,…you should take a look at the chat feature.…To access chats, we'll go to the sidebar over here…on the far left and click on the category labeled chat.…Then, in this first main column,…you'll see a list of recent chats that you've had.…And you can continue previous chats here.…I don't have any real chats on this list yet,…though I do see a chat with a chat bot.…
We'll talk more about bots later in the course,…but this is a help bot.…It's a piece of software that you can type messages to…to ask for help with teams.…You can ask questions and it will respond like a person.…But I want to skip that,…and I want to start a new chat with a real person.…So to start a new chat, I'm going to hit…this compose button up here at the top of this column.…And then I get a "to" field, so I can type in the name…of the person that I want to talk to.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android