Bots are little pieces of software that you can talk to in a text-based medium as if you were talking to a real person. Each bot specializes in providing a specific type of information. Adding a bot is like adding a new team member to your team. Once the bot has been added, it can respond to questions directed to it. This video shows how to set up and use a few common bots.
- [Instructor] In this movie we'll talk about…how to set up and use Bots.…The Bots feature is not unique to Teams,…but it is a fairly new concept.…Bots are small pieces of software that you can talk to…in a text based conversation…and they will respond to you like real people.…It's artificial intelligence on a small level…and you can integrate them into Teams.…Before you can use Bots, there is a master setting…that must be enabled by your Office 365 administrator.…So if you do not see the options that I have…in this movie, you can contact your administrator…and ask them to enable Bots.…
There's a movie later in this chapter…that introduces how to access administrator settings,…so you can refer to that if your administrator…does not know where to look for this setting.…With that in mind, let's set up a few bots.…I'm going to go to the title of the team…here on the Teams list and click on the menu…to the right of the name of the team…and I want to go to View Team.…We saw this screen earlier in the course.…Up at the top I can see four tabs, Members, Channels,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android