You can use the Teams mobile app for iOS and Android to access your Microsoft Teams conversations when you are away from your computer. There are limitations. You don't get all of the features in the mobile app that you get in the desktop version. This video shows you what you can do with the mobile app and point out some of the significant features that cannot be accessed on mobile.
- [Instructor] Using the mobile app for iPhone and Android,…you can stay up to date on your team conversations…when you're not at a computer.…Let's get the app installed…and take a quick tour of the interface.…So here on the iPhone,…I'm going to start by going to the App Store.…So you can search for Teams on the iOS App Store…or the Google Play Store for Android…and you'll find the Microsoft Teams app as I have here.…It's a free install but of course,…you will need your Office 365 account to sign in.…You can see that I've already installed this app…so if I go to the home screen and swipe over,…you can see I have the app here…so I'm going to tap on it to launch it…and it's going to prompt me to sign in…to my Office 365 account so let's do that.…
I'll put in my email address, hit Sign In…and then it will prompt me for my password…and I'll sign in.…When you first sign in, you'll see a bunch of intro screens…describing features that we've already explored…in this course.…If you skip through these,…eventually you will get to a message about notifications.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android