The AD FS Federation Server Configuration tool steps through the rest of the AD FS implementation. The tool can also be used to deploy an AD FS server farm. In this video, Sharon will step you through the server farm deployment option. An AD FS server farm implementation ensures high availability is achieved and additional servers can be added at a later if required.
- [Voiceover] Now that the ADFS role has been installed,…we can go ahead and configure it.…I'm back in Server Manager.…I'm gonna click on the exclamation mark…under my notifications, and this will provide…a link for the configuration of this server.…In the Configuration wizard, we'll have our basic…information screen, our welcome screen.…One thing I want you to pay close attention to,…though, on this screen, is at the bottom.…You'll have a Select an option below,…we have two options here,…one is Create the first federation server…in a federation server farm.…
Our second option is…Add a federation to a federation server farm.…In this case, as this is our first server,…we must choose the first option.…If you're using server 2012,…you will have an option for a stand-alone server.…Please remember, if you're using server 2012,…if you choose a stand-alone option,…you will not be able to add additional servers…to that implementation at a later date.…Best practice is you always choose the server farm option…when installing on server 2012.…
Here, system admins will learn how to implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on in Office 365. Microsoft Certified Trainer Sharon Bennett shows how to plan for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install the AD FS role on Windows Server 2012 R2, and install and manage AD FS proxy servers.
Note: This training course maps to the Implement and Manage Federated Identities for SSO domain for Microsoft Certification exam 70-346.
- Planning for AD FS
- Sizing your infrastructure
- Configuring clients
- Installing the AD FS role
- Managing your servers
- Installing and configuring the AD FS proxy
- Tips for taking Microsoft Certification exam 70-346