Sharepoint is not a single application, nor is it even a single tool in Office 365. You will be using two features of SharePoint in this course: SharePoint Sites and file storage. This video introduces what you need to know to use these features, without giving a detailed explanation of the entire SharePoint platform.
- [Narrator] I can't talk about collaboration…in Office 365 without talking about SharePoint.…On the other hand, it's nearly impossible…to give a brief introduction to SharePoint.…SharePoint is not a single application,…nor is it even a single tool in Office 365.…You will see SharePoint as a tile here on the Office 365…website, but it's not like that tile…takes you to one place where you can enjoy…all of the features of SharePoint.…SharePoint is not one tool.…It's a platform.…It's a collection of tools and services that users…interact with in many different ways,…some of which integrate with other Office 365 tools.…
So naturally I want to refer you to SharePoint Online…Essential Training, to really learn what SharePoint can do.…But in this course, I'd like to talk about two…big features in SharePoint that plug directly…into our need to collaborate with our coworkers.…I just want you to remember that we're getting a taste…of two items in a much larger collection of features.…So first you can create websites in SharePoint.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Office 365 accounts and tools
- Office 365 Groups and SharePoint
- Choosing the right tools for your collaboration needs
- Working with shared calendars in Outlook
- Making video and audio calls with Skype for Business
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Editing and co-authoring files stored on OneDrive or SharePoint
- Choosing a location to store files
- Sharing files from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files in Teams