This video introduces Office 365 Groups, which is not an application, nor is it a feature in one application. Office 365 Groups is a feature that weaves through Office 365, appearing in several applications and they give you one of the most primary tools for collaborating with others in Office 365.
- [Instructor] Office 365 Groups are a pretty big feature…that we need to get familiar with up front.…Mostly because Groups is not an application,…nor is it a feature in one application.…Office 365 Groups is a feature that weaves through…Office 365, appearing in several applications…and it gives you one of the most primary tools…for collaborating with others in Office 365.…Now the logical place to start with Groups…would be in Outlook Web Mail, or the Outlook Address Book.…Some people may even operate under the belief…that Groups is simply a feature in Outlook on the Web.…
Of course that's not true, but many people are happy…to treat it like that, so it makes sense…for us to start in Outlook Web Mail.…On the main Office 365 webpage, Outlook on the Web…is represented by three tiles, Mail, Calendar and People,…which is the Address Book tool.…So if we go to Mail, just by clicking on this tile here,…that will take me to Outlook on the Web,…specifically in the E Mail tool.…Now, for example, one of the main features…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Office 365 accounts and tools
- Office 365 Groups and SharePoint
- Choosing the right tools for your collaboration needs
- Working with shared calendars in Outlook
- Making video and audio calls with Skype for Business
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Editing and co-authoring files stored on OneDrive or SharePoint
- Choosing a location to store files
- Sharing files from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files in Teams