Sharon explains the result of turning off nonarchived features and when the option should be used, and helps you understand what features are not captured when enabled.
- (Voiceover) Not only is archiving available for our…mailboxes, it is also available for Skype for Business.…Archiving is managed by the users in-place hold,…which is also the same feature that is…used for the users mailbox.…Skype archiving will include peer-to-peer messages,…instant messages, and content upload.…You would turn off nonarchived features if you are…leagally required to archive data.…If you have an in-place hold on the user mailbox,…turning off nonarchived features ensures that data is…not allowed to be held, will not be.…
By turning off nonarchived features,…the following items are not subject to the in-place hold.…File transfers via instant messaging,…shared OneNote pages, and PowerPoint annotations.…Let's show you how to manage this setting using…the portal in PowerShell.…As you can see, I have logged in to the Office 365…admin center and now I'm going to launch the…Skype for Business portal.…I'm going to go ahead and click in to users,…and I'm going to double click on Watson.…
You will notice that…
- Changing the default and reply-to email addresses
- Managing SIP addresses
- Creating resource mailboxes
- Creating external contacts
- Creating distribution lists
- Creating and applying retention policies for Exchange mailboxes
- Configuring Skype for Business Online communication settings
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/13/2018. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover creating Office 365 groups, delegating permissions using the Office 365 portal and Windows PowerShell, and migrating public folders.