Join Toni Saddler-French for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting: Declare Records is not available in a library, part of Managing Records in SharePoint.
…If you're trying to set-up in place Records Management but your declare record…button is either dimmed or not available, there are a few things that you can check.…Let's take a look at this file, Lease Agreement.…As you can see, this button is dimmed.…And I'll click on Compliance Details.…And you can see the item is not a record, and I can declare or…undeclared it as a record.…I'll click OK, and let's go to site Settings.…First of all,…in place records declaration has to be set up as a site collection feature.…Note that it's a site collection feature and not a site feature.…I'll scroll down, in this case, that's not the problem on my site.…The feature has been set to active.…
And I have the deactivate button.…If you weren't seeing the blue active button and…instead saw activate, you would need to activate the feature.…Let's go back to our Library, and check a couple of other things.…I'll go to Library Settings, and click Record Declaration Settings.…It's possible that the never allow manual declaration of records has been selected,…
- List three benefits of treating content as a record.
- Plan an effective records management strategy by gathering information from stakeholders.
- Organize a Records Center by creating content types.
- Define a multistage policy.
- Use site policies to manage large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Explain troubleshooting solutions for common problems.