Join Toni Saddler-French for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshooting: Content Organizer is not available, part of Managing Records in SharePoint.
…If you're trying to set-up Content Organizer for…your Record center or another Site Collection, and…in Content Organizer feature options are not available.…The issue might be that the Site Feature has yet not been enabled.…This feature must be set to be activated.…In order for the Content Organizer options to be listed.…Let's take look at where these options appear.…I'll go to Site Settings.…And under Site Administration, I have the options for…Content Organizer Settings and Content Organizer Rules.…That's because this feature has been activated on this site.…If you did not see these two options.…There could be different reasons you might not have the right permissions or…something else might be happening with your Site Collection.…But one of the first things you can check is the Site Feature status.…
Notice there are two places related to the Site Features.…One is Site Collection Features under Site Collection Administration.…That is not the place to check for this particular feature,…this feature is under manage Site Features under Site Actions.…
- List three benefits of treating content as a record.
- Plan an effective records management strategy by gathering information from stakeholders.
- Organize a Records Center by creating content types.
- Define a multistage policy.
- Use site policies to manage large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Explain troubleshooting solutions for common problems.