Join David Elfassy for an in-depth discussion in this video Troubleshoot the deployment of Office 365, part of Office 365: Deployment.
- [Instructor] When everything works great…Office 365 purrs along,…and all your users can send and receive emails,…can access their documents and have online meetings,…but when there are problems it can be a little challenging…to identify the source of your issues with Office 365.…Mainly because most of what goes on in Office 365…happens in the Cloud.…You don't have any servers to maintain,…to troubleshoot, or to verify that all the lights are on.…So there are several tools that we can use…to troubleshoot all our services that live in the Cloud.…
One of those is the Outlook…and Office 365 recovery assistant.…Now this is a little tool that you download and install…and it runs you through a set of tests and wizards…to actually help you identify the source of the issues.…Now these are very client centric.…These are focusing on the issues…that are happening on the client applications,…on the desktop computers,…and anything that can be preventing your clients…from connecting to an Office 365 service.…As well there could be issues that are happening…
This course details the process of moving your network to Office 365 by deploying a new Office 365 subscription. David Elfassy covers creating user accounts, adding domains, and configuring email, directories, conferencing, file sharing, and valuable business services such as PowerShell and SharePoint. Watch these tutorials to deploy your own implementation of Office 365 or to see if this technology fits your enterprise needs.
- Using FastTrack to prepare for Office 365
- Creating Office 365 user accounts
- Adding domains
- Configuring Outlook and Skype
- Configuring sharing and shared mailboxes
- Troubleshooting an Office 365 deployment
- Configuring PowerShell
- Creating SharePoint services