Learn how to view current Skype status using Heartbeat, and explore Skype for Business status and history within the Office 365 Service Health.
- [Instructor] Aimed at consumers, Skype offers a Heartbeat website which allows you to check the status of Skype and any service announcements that may be affecting users. The Skype Heartbeat can be found at the website onscreen, heartbeat.skype.com. For business customers in Office 365, you can activate the Call Quality Dashboard or CQD to monitor Skype for Business services and call quality for your enterprise. The Call Quality Dashboard is available from the Skype for Business admin center.
And once activated, the CQD will begin collecting and processing data. You can also upload your own data, which includes a mapping of network addresses and geographical information for your specific tenant. If you receive reports from users that Skype for Business is not performing as it should, you can check the service status on the Office 365 service health dashboard. Let's take a look at the Office 365 service health for issues relating to Skype for Business.
I've already opened my browser and logged in to the Office 365 portal at office.com. I'll click the admin tile. And the on the Office 365 admin center, I'll click health and then the service health item. We'll click the view history item on the right hand side and click the last 30 days. I can now use the search field and enter Skype for Business. And we can see there are several incidents relating to Skype for Business in the last 30 days.
If I click one, here you can see the detailed report, status, and impact statement relating to the issue. I'll close the report.
- Common sign-in issues and resolutions
- Network connectivity tools
- Installing and running the Microsoft Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistant tool
- Troubleshooting Exchange ActiveSync
- Outlook profile repair
- Troubleshooting OneDrive for Business issues
- Delegated mailbox issues
- Troubleshooting common Office 365 SharePoint problems
- Common Skype for Business Online problems