When a group is created in Office 365, the group creator has the option to subscribe members to receive email messages when content is added to the group. If this option is not enabled, members can choose to subscribe themselves. In this movie, you will know how to subscribe to group emails, and how to unsubscribe when you no longer wish to receive email updates.
- When you join a group, it may be helpful…to receive emails automatically…when things happen inside the group,…like a conversation is started…or files are added to be shared and collaborated on.…We saw earlier, when creating a group,…there's a checkbox that allows you…to automatically subscribe members…of a group that you create.…But if you don't do that,…members have the option to subscribe themselves.…How do we do that?…Well, all we do is go to a group…where we want to make sure we receive emails,…that we're always updated.…
I'm going to go to the Management Team group.…You can be selecting any group you like.…When you go up to the top right corner,…where it shows that you've joined,…that's actually a dropdown that you can click…and choose to subscribe to this group by email.…All that means is, going forward,…you're going to receive email notifications…when things happen like conversations…and files are added or updated.…Clicking this subscribes you,…and you will see a message…that you are subscribed to the group.…
In this course, David Rivers walks users through the basics of Office 365 groups, from creating a group and adding members to finding and joining other groups. Learn how to communicate with colleagues in a group, schedule group meetings, and collaborate on documents and larger projects.
- Describe the benefits of using Office 365 groups.
- Differentiate between group owners and group members.
- Explain how to subscribe or unsubscribe to a group’s email.
- Recall how to leave or delete a group.
- Describe how to schedule meetings with groups.
- Recall who can edit or cancel an event.
- Explain how to find and open a shared file.
- Cite the method for sharing a file externally.