In this video, learn how sharing links to files rather than attachments is more efficient. Do you realize that every time you attach a document to an email, you're essentially creating another copy of it? When you share links to files instead of the files themselves, you direct everyone back to a single version of the truth.
- In this section of the course,…I'm gonna talk about some of the things…that you could be doing right now…that will provide immediate benefits…to you and highlight the value…of using collaborative technologies…and tools.…Let's start with one of my personal pet peeves,…e-mails with attachments.…How many of you have been stuck…in e-mail jail where you couldn't send…or receive anymore messages because you went…over the size limit for your account?…And how many times was that because somebody sent you a huge…file as an attachment?…I won't even get into the subject…of file and image size optimization.…
But if you're like me, this has happened…to you more than once.…So what's the alternative?…Well, almost every modern file sharing tool has the ability…to send a link to a file rather than the file itself.…The file is stored in a central repository either online…or on premise, and the link allows people…to access the file where it lives rather than…on their computer.…This has two major advantages.…Number one, obviously, e-mail messages will be a lot smaller…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.