In this video, learn how enabling collaboration and sharing can lessen barriers and reveal resources. Giving people an opportunity to ask questions in an open forum can lead to surprising results. Most organizations have little visibility into people or resources beyond their local operations, but collaborative tools and practices can extend that worldwide.
- Let me tell you a short story about one…of my personal highlights in helping…to rollout an enterprise social collaboration platform.…The system hadn't been live that long,…and adoption was still relatively low.…But one of the great features…that it had was a conversational thread…that was open to all company employees worldwide.…Now, this was actually the very first time for the company…that anyone with a network login could participate…in any single platform.…So there's this guy who works in finance in the US,…and he's gotta some process that he's not familiar with.…
I don't remember specifically what it was,…but it was moderately arcane.…And he decides, oh, what the heck,…and he posts a question about it on the all company feed.…Six minutes later, someone…in the finance department in China posts a response,…I just did this, and here's what you need to know!…Now, these guys didn't know each other.…Didn't even know each other's names before this exchange.…But through the power of collaborative tools,…but a need was expressed, and satisfied between them.…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.