OneNote is a tool for keeping a notebook on your computer. It’s a desktop application. But, OneNote is also a web-based service that you can access on the Office 365 web site. We'll see how to work with both the application and the web-based tool, including how to open and edit the same notebooks in either location.
- [Narrator] OneNote is a tool for keeping a notebook…on your computer.…It's one of those desktop applications that you can…download and install like Word, PowerPoint and Excel.…But OneNote is also a web-based service that you…can access on the Office 365 Website.…And those two things can link together in really…useful ways, so I want to start by opening up…the OneNote application on my computer.…So I'm going to go to the start menu and launch One Note.…And here I have one notebook.…I don't have a lot of content here, but I can make notebooks…consisting of text, pictures, hand written or hand drawn…content, lots of stuff.…
I'll leave it to the Essential Training Course to help…you explore that.…But what I'd like to focus on here is where this…notebook is stored.…Up near the top left corner I can see the name of this…notebook file and this is actually a menu.…If I click on that to open it up, I can see a list of…all of the notebooks that I have open.…I only have one notebook right now, so there's only…one on this list.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Office 365 accounts and tools
- Office 365 Groups and SharePoint
- Choosing the right tools for your collaboration needs
- Working with shared calendars in Outlook
- Making video and audio calls with Skype for Business
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Editing and co-authoring files stored on OneDrive or SharePoint
- Choosing a location to store files
- Sharing files from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files in Teams