Join Toni Saddler-French for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up in-place records management, part of Managing Records in SharePoint.
…So you've seen in place records management.…Now let's see how to configure the feature and set it up.…Let's start by looking at this lease agreement file, and…see whether the in place records declaration is available.…Let's go to the compliance details.…And you'll see next to Record Status, the item is not a record.…And SharePoint tells us you can not declare or undeclare the item as a record.…We'll click Close.…Now let's go to Site Settings and set up the Site Collection feature.…For site settings it's important to choose the site collection administration…feature, called site collection features.…
Notice there's also a setting for site features under site actions, but…you'll want to choose the option for the whole site collection.…Click on site collection features.…And let's scroll down to in place records management.…And then click Activate.…Now let's go back to our library.…And we'll check the compliance details for the file.…And you'll see the item is not a record yet, but I can declare it as a record.…
- List three benefits of treating content as a record.
- Plan an effective records management strategy by gathering information from stakeholders.
- Organize a Records Center by creating content types.
- Define a multistage policy.
- Use site policies to manage large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Explain troubleshooting solutions for common problems.