In this demonstration, Sharon will step you through the installation and configuration of Office telemetry. The demonstration includes configuring SQL Server Express, installing the telemetry again, configuring the database, and using the telemetry processor.
- [Instructor] Setting up the telemetry service…is not difficult but it does require several steps.…In this demo, we are going to configure the service…on this computer.…Before we do so, there's a couple prerequisites…you need to be aware of.…First of all, the system you are working on,…must be domain-joined and you will need…SQL Server or SQL Server Express.…You are also going to need a valid license…of Office 365 ProPlus or Office 2016.…That is because the Dashboard is configured in Excel.…
The easiest way to launch the Telemetry Dashboard…is to go ahead and search for Telemetry.…I'm going to go ahead and select the Dashboard.…The guide is displayed for us.…The guide provides information about the Dashboard.…We want to pop over to getting started.…We can do so by either clicking on the link or on the tab.…The Dashboard needs to be set up and configured.…We are going to step through the process.…We'll start on step one.…The Dashboard requires either…SQL Server or SQL Server Express.…
As I do not have either installed on this system,…
- Restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus
- Restricting and revoking activation
- Self-provisioning Windows Store apps and Office for Mac
- Managing deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Enabling telemetry
- Deploying agents
- Configuring Outlook, Skype, and Office Online
- Implementing authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus, managing streaming updates, and customizing deployment using the Office Deployment Tool. In addition, new videos were added that cover configuring Visio Online and creating a pilot group for testing Office 365 ProPlus updates.