Join Toni Saddler-French for an in-depth discussion in this video Set up and configure the Content Organizer, part of Managing Records in SharePoint.
…One feature you may want to set up for your record center is a content organizer.…A content organizer can route content throughout your site based on…a set of rules.…You can use it throughout SharePoint but it's especially useful when used for…the record center.…We've already activated content organizer for…our site collection because we've used it for other record centers.…I'll show you how you can activate it for your site if you haven't yet.…I'll go to site settings, then I'll go to manage site features.…Next, to content organizer, you can see that ours is already set to active and…you can click deactivate if need be.…
If you had not activated yet, you would just need to click the activate button.…Now, I'm going to go set some rules for the content organizer.…I'll go to Site Settings and then I'll click on Content Organizer Rules.…I'm going to create a rule to route content based on a set of criteria,…basically the content type.…I'm going to apply it to the statement of work based on whether they…are completed or not.…
- List three benefits of treating content as a record.
- Plan an effective records management strategy by gathering information from stakeholders.
- Organize a Records Center by creating content types.
- Define a multistage policy.
- Use site policies to manage large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Explain troubleshooting solutions for common problems.