During this lesson, learn how to setup an email account in Outlook using the wizard. Also learn how to set up an Office 365 and Gmail account.
- [Instructor] One of the responsibilities that you'll have when deploying Office 365 is to set up Outlook for your users. After you've installed the Office 365 applications you can go ahead and launch Outlook and then configure it for your user. I've already pinned Outlook to my Start screen. Yours may be in a different location. You can go ahead and launch Outlook. And the first time that you launch Outlook you'll need to configure it. Here you will provide the email address of the user.
In our example, it's Cecilia. You may also br prompted to enter a password. And that's all you need to do, it's very simple. But it doesn't stop there. You now have the option to go ahead and set up Outlook on your phone. For our demonstration today, we're not going to do that. I'm going to go ahead and click Okay. It will take a few minutes for all of the emails to populate into the desktop version of Outlook. In the meantime, you'll notice that we have 11 reminders popping up so we have a few things that are overdue.
I can go ahead and dismiss them individually, or dismiss all. I'm going to go ahead and dismiss all. And I'm prompted, Are you sure you really want to do this? Yep, I'm good. You'll also notice here that I have a warning. It says, click here to turn on Instant Search. I don't have it turned on on this PC. You probably will not see that warning. But if you do, go ahead and turn on Instant Search. Not only can you bring in your Office 365 email but you can bring in other types of accounts, as well. Let's go ahead and add a Gmail account.
We can go ahead click on Add Account. And in this case, we're going to go ahead and use the Advanced options. And we're going to set it up manually. I'm going to go ahead and enter my Gmail account. I can click Connect. Now we can go ahead and choose the account type. Now not only have I configured two factor authentication I've also enabled POP and IMAP on my Gmail account as well as created an app password.
The settings that you see here were pulled from my account. If you need to change these, please refer to the Google documentation on how to do so. For the password, I'm actually going to input the app password that I had to generate on the Google site. Perfect, now my Gmail account is set up. As with before, I do not want to set this up on my phone, so I'm going to uncheck it, and click Okay. Perfect. As you can see, our account has been added in and the four emails that are in my Google account are now in Outlook.
For more information on how to set up email within Outlook please refer to the Office Training website. As there are nuances between the different types of accounts that you can add into Outlook.
- Training users
- Troubleshooting account and startup issues
- Repairing Office apps
- Working with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and OneNote
- Communicating with Skype and Yammer
- Using OneDrive and SharePoint
- Fixing file synchronization issues