With the Bring your own device movement users will need to be able to install Office 365 on a variety of devices. In this lesson discover how users can deploy Office 365 to their own devices using the Windows Store, Google Play, and the Apple App store.
- [Instructor] I'm going to show you…the steps involved to set up Office…on devices other than your desktop.…First, you're gonna log in to Office 365,…and then you will click Other Installs.…In the Office tab you will be able to select…from a 32 to a 64 bit installation if you wish.…You can also scroll down and choose Office 2013 apps.…To access the installers for your phone or tablet,…click on Phone and Tablet.…Now you'll choose your device.…
I'm gonna select Windows Phone to start.…Windows Phone already comes with…OneNote and Outlook already installed.…If I wanted to configure other apps,…I would go ahead and click Get Apps,…and this will launch the store for me.…Once in the store you would select…the application you wish to install.…For demonstration, I'm going to pick Word.…I could go ahead and get the app at this point.…Typically you'd be doing this…from the device that you wish to install the application on.…
If you wanted an iPhone,…it would be a very similar procedure.…Click on iPhone.…Go ahead, click the Get Apps button.…
- Restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus
- Restricting and revoking activation
- Self-provisioning Windows Store apps and Office for Mac
- Managing deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Enabling telemetry
- Deploying agents
- Configuring Outlook, Skype, and Office Online
- Implementing authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus, managing streaming updates, and customizing deployment using the Office Deployment Tool. In addition, new videos were added that cover configuring Visio Online and creating a pilot group for testing Office 365 ProPlus updates.