Join David Rivers for an in-depth discussion in this video Searching a notebook, part of Office 365 for Mac: OneNote Essential Training.
- It's time now to explore the real power…behind using a digital notebook like we have here in OneNote…versus the old-fashioned paper notebook.…That's when it's time to find something that already exists.…Think about a huge binder with multiple sections,…and tons of pages in those sections,…and now you need to locate a specific name of somebody…or a piece of information you know is in there somewhere,…not sure where.…It could take a while to find it…flipping through pages and sections.…Well, with built-in search functionality here in OneNote…that includes the ability to find content inside an image,…that's optical character recognition,…we can find with we're looking for with lightning speed.…
That's what we're going to do right now.…It doesn't matter what section you're looking at…in what notebook.…We're gonna start by going up to the Edit menu.…Click Edit, go down to Find…and you'll see a few options here…like search just this page, there's command f,…a typical shortcut for find.…We can search all notebooks for whatever we're looking for…
- Creating, deleting, and sharing notebooks
- Adding pictures, audio and video, and file attachments to notes
- Formatting notes
- Linking notes
- Using tabs
- Creating tables
- Syncing notebooks
- Tracking authors and page versions
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started with OneNote 2016
2. Creating and Adding Content
3. Formatting Notes
4. Viewing and Organizing Information
5. Working with Tables in OneNote
6. Sharing and Collaboration
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.