Learn the skills and tricks necessary for creating a spinning globe and many other kinds of animation effects in PowerPoint. Author Heather Ackmann shows what objects and images make up the spinning globe effect in PowerPoint.
- [Instructor] What you are looking at now is a very simple effect, an animation of a spinning globe created entirely in PowerPoint. This is a classic PowerPoint animation and being honest, there aren't too many business applications for a spinning globe, but that is besides the point here. This movie will teach you so much more than how to create a spinning globe. The goal of this movie is oh so much more important. We are going to use shapes as layers and animated motion paths to create the illusion of depth and rotation in PowerPoint.
Skills that can be used for a lot more than just to create a spinning globe. So let me exit out of this presentation here and show you how I've made this slide and give you a sneak preview of what we'll be doing in the upcoming movies, so zooming out, you can see that there are images extending outward beyond the edges of the slides. And going up to my home tab, all the way over to the drawing group and clicking on arrange, and then clicking on the selection pane here, I can hide the topmost shape on the top of my slide by clicking that little eyeball there, and that way, we can see what is happening behind the scenes, now we have a better idea of how this illusion was created in PowerPoint.
The images are semi transparent, and then all we have is this circle shape with a gradient placed over it to give it a spherical or a 3Dish kind of look. So, now you know how it's made and the basic structure, now it's time to begin making the shapes ourselves from scratch. Join me in the next movie, create and format shapes, and I'll show you how to do just that.
- Layering objects for animation
- Creating and formatting shapes
- Adding and formatting x-ray shapes
- Using kinetic typography
- Working with the advanced timeline
- Using flip-book animations
- Using the new Office 365 Morph transition
- Animating slides and objects to music
- Exporting as a video