Office 365 ProPlus users can install the Office 365 applications on a maximum of 5 devices. In this video, Sharon discusses how the user can deactivate a device in order to free up a license. She also outlines how the administrator can deactivate devices on behalf of the user or for other administrative reasons.
- [Narrator] In some cases, it may be necessary…to restrict and revoke activation of the Office Pro Plus.…This may be because the user the left the company,…or the user has installed the application on five devices…and now realized they need no install…it on a different device.…In that case, they'll have to deactivate one…of their licenses and then install on the new device.…If Office does not connect to the Microsoft servers…once every 30 days, the applications will enter…reduced functionality mode.…
In this mode, the user can open and view documents…but they will be unable to create new documents.…They will also be unable to edit any existing documents.…From the Office 365 admin portal,…the administrator can deactivate an installation…of Office 365 Pro Plus on a user's device.…In this example, I'm gonna go ahead…and deactivate from the Office 365 demo environment.…Again, deactivating doesn't remove the application…from the device, it just goes into…reduced functionality mode.…
If the user wishes to deactivate an installation…
- Restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus
- Restricting and revoking activation
- Self-provisioning Windows Store apps and Office for Mac
- Managing deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Enabling telemetry
- Deploying agents
- Configuring Outlook, Skype, and Office Online
- Implementing authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus, managing streaming updates, and customizing deployment using the Office Deployment Tool. In addition, new videos were added that cover configuring Visio Online and creating a pilot group for testing Office 365 ProPlus updates.