Explore how to recover deleted files in SharePoint sites and OneDrive, including second-stage Recycle Bin and site collection Recycle Bin.
- [Instructor] OneDrive deleted items are stored in the first-stage recycle bin, and only if deleted from this area will they be moved to the second-stage recycle bin. End users can restore items from the first-stage bin to their original location, but only administrators can restore items from the second-stage bin. When restored, the item will appear in its original end user location. The top level steps for a user to recover deleted items includes open SharePoint or OneDrive, navigate to the recycle bin, click the item or all items, and then choose Restore.
Items will be restored to their original location. The top level steps for an administrator to recover files for an end user will be to log into SharePoint as the administrator, click the site collection, on the left quick launch pane select the recycle bin, and then select the items to restore, and then select Restore. The items will be restored to their original location. An administrator can also restore the entire site if this has been deleted. This can be done by using the restore SharePoint deleted site PowerShell commandlet.
If items have been deleted from the second stage bin, they are permanently lost; and they cannot be restored by either the user or an administrator.
- Common sign-in issues and resolutions
- Network connectivity tools
- Installing and running the Microsoft Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistant tool
- Troubleshooting Exchange ActiveSync
- Outlook profile repair
- Troubleshooting OneDrive for Business issues
- Delegated mailbox issues
- Troubleshooting common Office 365 SharePoint problems
- Common Skype for Business Online problems