- If you've been with me for the past few movies,…you've noticed that we've protected and unprotected…this form several times.…I want to be very clear about what we're doing in the state…in which we want to leave this form.…Whenever we want to see how the form behaves in production,…we have to switch out of design mode…and in to completion or production mode,…and to do that, we simply click Protect Form.…Notice that when we do that, all of the controls…are no longer enabled.…The only thing we can do is turn the shading on or off…and we might choose how we want to leave that shading.…
Some people like to see it, some people don't.…It's confusing to some users but, on the other hand,…I usually find it comforting to see that…there is a control sitting there.…That's what that tells me.…But other than that, there's nothing that I can do here.…However, I can complete the form now…because it's protected.…I can't move from one field to the next.…If I hit Tab when I leave this field,…it will take me to the next field.…
AuthorGini von Courter
- Starting with a form template
- Gathering form requirements
- Formatting form tables
- Inserting form controls: lists, date pickers, check boxes, and more
- Protecting the form
- Saving a form as a Word template
- Sharing form templates with your team
Skill Level Intermediate
Word for Mac 2016 Essential Trainingwith David Rivers4h 56m Beginner
Excel for Mac 2016 Essential Trainingwith Curt Frye6h 23m Beginner
1. Getting to Know Word Forms
2. Inserting Form Controls to Capture Data
3. Finishing a Form
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.