Sometimes e-mail just isn't the right medium to carry out a conversation. Too often, the message you're trying to deliver get misconstrued or interpreted incorrectly. In those cases, you need ways to move beyond an e-mail and into a medium that is either more personal or more open. In this video, learn the ways that you can use Office 365 to move from an e-mail to a chat to a video call. Also learn why moving the conversation to Yammer might be beneficial.
- [Voiceover] Email is tired.…We all have those moments where email isn't the right…medium for communicating effectively.…Sometimes, there's just too much to reply to an email…or maybe you're concerned about how your tone…will be received.…In this video, we'll review some options for…shifting an email conversation into another platform…and how that can change the dynamic of the email…and help you get to the right results faster.…Let's start by looking at this email…from my colleague, Steve.…As you can see, it's a rather long email.…It covers a lot of topics.…
Sometimes, when the email that's as long as this one,…it's sometimes easier to take this conversation…into another platform.…A good rule of thumb is what I call a window pane rule.…The window pane rule refers to when an email…is longer than the frame at the bottom of the screen.…Typically, this means that the content is so long…that you actually wanna address this somewhere else.…In this case, most of this content has actually…already been addressed in the Yammer conversation…
Next, learn which methods—email, phone, Skype, or face-to-face discussions—are most effective for communicating, and explore how to best plan and run effective meetings. By the end of the course, you'll be able to build a personal productivity strategy that works for you and your team.
- Exploring GTD
- Planning your day and week
- Managing your inbox
- Storing files on OneDrive and SharePoint
- Taking notes with OneNote
- Communicating effectively
- Planning productive meetings
- Running successful meetings