In this video, learn the importance of promoting learning in regard to collaborative tools. Even the best tools in the world won't serve any useful purpose if the audience doesn't know how they work. The best companies foster continual learning through formal and informal offerings. This can also serve as a catalyst for discovering new and better ways of doing things.
- Here's something that you might think was obvious,…but I really feel it needs to be called out.…Even the best tools in the world won't serve any useful…purpose if the audience doesn't know how they work.…There's a misperception that I've heard in the last couple…of years on more than one occasion.…Someone will say, oh, we don't need training for this,…it's so intuitive, everyone will get it.…Or they'll say something like we need our tools…to be as intuitive as Facebook.…So yes, I'll agree that intuitive tools are good…but these kinds of statements ignore two important facts.…
Fact one is that there is a big difference between consumer…tools and enterprise or big business tools.…Business tools tend to have a lot more functionality…plus they're innately more complicated…and they have to take into consideration things like…compatibility with the rest of the technology environment…and with security.…Finding an enterprise tool that does everything…it needs to do and is as intuitive as a consumer tool…can be a difficult chore.…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.