Join Toni Saddler-French for an in-depth discussion in this video Planning your records-management strategy, part of Managing Records in SharePoint.
…Planning is key to a successful records management solution.…Gathering the right information and…talking to the key stakeholders can help you define the right solution.…While SharePoint provides tools for a variety of needs, doing the research up…front can help you to find a solution that works best for your organization.…You can learn from industry best practices,…including other organizations that have similar compliance needs.…A good plan provides flexibility for growth and…changes so that it can evolve with your organization.…
Should also considered how records fit in the overall content lifecycle,…such as help people, create content, how they delete and…manage that content, and how they search for content.…Some key factors to consider are all the compliance, industry, legal, and…privacy requirements.…It's important to gather those needs up front before you design your solution.…You may have international considerations,…as country's laws tend to vary from one country to another.…You may have specific retrieval needs.…
- List three benefits of treating content as a record.
- Plan an effective records management strategy by gathering information from stakeholders.
- Organize a Records Center by creating content types.
- Define a multistage policy.
- Use site policies to manage large volumes of SharePoint sites.
- Explain troubleshooting solutions for common problems.