High availability ensures the ADFS services are always available. In this video, we will explain why planning for high availability is important and the implications of deploying with or without high availability. Sharon will examine the role SQL server has in a high availability configuration and discuss the additional requirements to protect the SQL Server implementation.
- [Voiceover] To ensure your implementation…is always available, you need to plan…for high availability.…Without high availability, if a component…is not accessible, then your users will not be able…to access Office 365 or any other services…that rely on single sign on.…In a single deployment scenario,…if the AD FS server is not available,…all users both internal and external…will not be able to access Office 365.…If a single deployment of a proxy…or web application server fails,…then external users will not be able to access Office 365.…
In the high availability configuration,…there are some additional planning considerations.…These considerations are planning for a server farm,…protecting the servers, load balancing the servers,…and preparing the database.…As you can see in this highly available schematic,…the AD FS servers, both proxy and internal…are doubled and load balanced.…This ensures in the case of one server failing,…another can handle the requests and Office 365…will still be available.…The easiest way to ensure you have high availability…
Here, system admins will learn how to implement and manage federated identities for single sign-on in Office 365. Microsoft Certified Trainer Sharon Bennett shows how to plan for an Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS), install the AD FS role on Windows Server 2012 R2, and install and manage AD FS proxy servers.
Note: This training course maps to the Implement and Manage Federated Identities for SSO domain for Microsoft Certification exam 70-346.
- Planning for AD FS
- Sizing your infrastructure
- Configuring clients
- Installing the AD FS role
- Managing your servers
- Installing and configuring the AD FS proxy
- Tips for taking Microsoft Certification exam 70-346