In this video, become more familiar with the ideas of telephony, VOIP, and video calling. The modern office has a lot more than a telephone on a desk — in fact, desk phones are becoming rarer all the time, replaced by computer-based voice and video calling capabilities.
- So I've got a question for you.…Do you still have a phone on your desk at work?…Now it used to be universal but in many businesses,…specially in the last five years,…the desk phone has become more and more of a rarity.…One reason for this is the universality of mobile phones.…Some companies provide employees with a cellphone…and that's it.…I actually think that this is a trend…that will continue to grow.…However, there is also what's called…Voice over Internet Protocol or VoIP.…
What this does through a combination…of hardware and software is turn your computer…into a company phone extension.…I personally remember how excited I was…when this first became available…because it suddenly opened up working remotely…as a practical possibility.…It no longer mattered where I was,…people called my extension…and the call came through on my computer.…Callers couldn't even tell that I wasn't at my desk.…And if I wasn't there, well, people left voice messages…which I could listen to later.…
The voice over IP software gave me the ability…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.