In this video, learn the value of video conferencing as a way to deepen connection between people. Being able to speak with someone thousands of miles away helps form connections that make it easier to work together. Using face to face video calling makes that connection faster and deeper.
- I've already talked a little bit about the value…of being able to easily connect with people worldwide,…and how building strong connections makes…it easier to get work done.…And, how having connections exposes opportunities…that might have gone unrealized.…I love being able to stay in contact with people.…I think that you can't place too high a value…on developing strong personal connections.…It has been absolutely pivotal in my career.…
And when I haven't had strong connections,…those have been some of the times where things…just didn't go the way I wanted.…Obviously, any chat-based collaborative tool…is gonna provide lots of opportunity to pass messages…back and forth and to add other people to…the conversation, as needed.…But, I'm a little old school in that I'd actually rather…talk to someone than type at them.…If a chat exchange goes past a few back and forth messages,…I'd rather just jump on the phone and have a conversation.…
In addition to the fact that it's easier on my fingers,…you get more out of a conversation if you can hear…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.