In this video, get an introduction to some of the hardware available that fosters collaborative work. It's not just software and online tools that boost collaboration. There are some hardware tools and technologies that also make a big contribution towards being able to work with people virtually.
- We've spent a lot of time talking about software.…But it's not just software and online tools…that boost collaboration.…There are some hardware tools in technologies…that also make a big contribution…towards being able to work with people virtually.…Actually, we've already talked a little bit…about voice over IP calling.…Now there's a big software element to this, of course.…But hardware result is also a factor.…If a company doesn't have a robust…enough network infrastructure,…they won't be able to support this or much else.…
But aside from that, it's little things like…headsets with microphones and computer cameras…that are an absolute essential.…Of course, these days there's the option of having…a video-enabled phone actually sitting on the desktop.…There are a few different manufacturers…who've made these available.…Rather than routing calls through a computer.…But it's not just for the individual.…What about video-enabled conference rooms?…Technology has come a long way here.…The best video conference rooms now include multiple screens…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.