Both PowerPoint and Microsoft Word use the same outlining functionality. This can make for huge time savings if the text you need in a presentation already exists in an outline in Word. In this movie, you will know how to open a Word outline document in PowerPoint to generate slides that already have the text you need appearing on separate slides. You will then only need to make changes to design and add other non text elements to complete the presentation.
- [Voiceover] This next trick…is potentially going to save you a lot of time…when it comes to creating new presentations in PowerPoint…when you already have much of the content…in another program like Microsoft Word.…Well, as you can see I've opened up a different presentation…that we're going to start with here,…Landon Hotel 0203.…You can open it up.…As you can see there's some formatting in the background…with the logo and the colors,…but with this first blank slide,…a title slide,…looks like the title is overlapping our logo,…so we'll make the adjustment first,…and then we'll bring in the content from Microsoft Word.…
Let's go up to View.…Then go to Slide Master,…and select the Master at the very top,…which will affect many of the layouts down below.…Now we can click the title box,…when we see the handles go to the left center,…with the double arrow,…click and drag it in,…until it's no longer overlapping our logo.…So we can close up the Master.…Now we're ready to go and get the content.…Now the content I have for you in the exercise files…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.