In this lesson, Sharon demonstrates how to use Office 365 video, including watching a video, using channels, uploading a video, and sharing a video.
- [Instructor] A picture's worth a thousand words, but using visual images improves comprehension. This is where Office 365 video comes into play. You can easily upload your how-to, your training, and executive communication videos for your coworkers to view. Let's go ahead and upload two videos into Office 365 videos. First thing we need to to is launch video, and I'm going to do so from the Office 365 portal by clicking on video. You'll notice right off the top that we have trending videos and all videos.
Trending videos are recently uploaded videos or popular videos. We can organize our videos into channels that group our like videos together. And doing this makes the navigation for the users so much easier. In our example, we have community, IT, and human resources. Let's go ahead and take a look at IT. As you can see, we have a video here about how to contact support. The videos that I'd like to upload don't fit into either of these channels, therefore I'm going to go ahead and create a brand-new channel.
First thing we need to do is provide a name for our channel. The videos that I am going to upload are of surfers from the LA area of California. I'm going to call this channel LA. I can pick a color for it, I'm going to leave the default blue. Creating the channel will take a moment. Our channel is now created, and now we can go ahead and upload our videos. I'm going to go ahead and select the videos to upload. I know they happen to be sitting in OneDrive. I'm going to select my two videos, click open, and it will take several minutes for these to upload, and then be processed.
I'm going to go ahead and change the title. I could add a description to both of these videos, as well. As I've already mentioned it will take some time for these videos to process. This would be a great time to go grab a cup of coffee, and we'll see the completed videos in a few minutes. After a few minutes, we received an email indicating that our videos are now ready for us to view. Some of you see that here in your notifications. Let's go ahead and open up that LA channel and take a look at our videos.
Click back into channels, there's our LA channel, and we can now see our two videos. Before I go ahead and click on one of these, I'm going to close our notification window, give us a little bit more real estate. I'm going to go ahead and launch our first video. And you can see our video is playing, yes, I know it's choppy, its because of my connection. And finally, we may want to share this video, and we have a couple ways to do that. We can do it through Yammer or through Delve if we wish to do that.
We can download it. We can embed it. Or email it. Office 365 video is an easy and powerful way to share your videos within your company. You can find common questions and answers, as well as more information, on the Office Training Center webpage.
- Training users
- Troubleshooting account and startup issues
- Repairing Office apps
- Working with Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Visio, and OneNote
- Communicating with Skype and Yammer
- Using OneDrive and SharePoint
- Fixing file synchronization issues