As an educator, if you don't already have access to Office 365, you should check to see if you are eligible for a free education account. Take advantage of the benefits of Office 365, including OneDrive and Office apps and services. Whether it is sharing resources with students via OneDrive, creating flipped classes with Office Mix or Sway, creating SmartArt and visuals with Word or class notebooks with OneNote, the best way to learn tools is to start using them and tweak them as you go.
- [Instructor] Thank you for joining me in this course. Hopefully you found some ways that you can use Microsoft Office as an educator, whether to improve your efficiency or effectiveness, so what are your next steps? First, if you don't already have access to Office 365 you should check to see if you're eligible for a free educator or student account. Take advantage of the benefits that come along with it including a ton of storage space through Microsoft's One Drive. Next begin creating. Utilize the ideas laid out in this course to help you as an educator, whether it's sharing resources with students through One drive, creating flipped classes with Office Mix or Sway, creating Smart Art and visuals with Word, class notebooks with One Note or any other ideas.
Now is better than soon, and as you begin to utilize some of these strategies you'll find ways that you can tweak them to fit your particular situation. Also continue to learn more about the different Microsoft Office apps. We have hundreds in our courses in our library related to them. I strongly recommend that you check out Microsoft Office online as well. I believe this is one of the most powerful tools for educators out there. Use it help your students communicate, collaborate and create. Finally continue to think of innovative ways that you can use these applications to make your workflow more efficient and your instruction more effective.
In this course we've only scratched the surface regarding what these apps are capable of doing. If you have other great ideas for how to use Microsoft Office as an educator or if you have any questions related to the course I'd love to hear from you. You can reach me by email at email@example.com or connect with me on Twitter where my handle is @schink10.
- Creating effective and engaging presentations
- Creating flipped classes with Office Mix
- Empowering students with PowerPoint
- Creating tutorials, newsletters, and flipped classes with Sway
- Tracking student progress in Excel
- Using Word templates
- Creating visual representations in Word
- Using OneDrive for collaboration and storage
- Creating modules and flipped classes using OneNote
- Using Outlook, Docs.com, Skype, and SharePoint