In this video, learn the importance of leadership fully embracing and practicing the behaviors they want adopted. Even in the most egalitarian workplaces, people look to natural leaders and copy their behaviors. Seeing leadership fully embrace collaboration and practice what they preach is one of the best ways to boost adoption.
- Here's another place where I've seen…transitions go off the runners.…New program announced and rolled out.…People are intrigued, maybe even a little excited.…Then they notice that their leaders are not participating.…We'll here's the deal.…Even in the most egalitarian workplaces,…people look to natural leaders and copy their behaviors.…Seeing leadership fully embrace collaboration…and practice what they preach…is one of the best ways to boost adoption.…I've seen both good and bad examples of this.…
One of the most disappointing transitions…I was ever a part of…was rolling out a collaborative suite to a global company.…Now I'll admit the tool wasn't fantastic,…but it did provide some needed functionality.…Although the leadership team talked positively about it…in all-hands meetings,…many of them disparaged it in private conversations.…And very few of them actually used it.…So how do you think their teams reacted?…Hey, the boss doesn't like it and he won't participate.…
If I use it, he won't see my messages…and it might annoy him, so I won't use it either.…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.