In this video, learn how collaborative tools can impact the mobile workforce. Whether it's the salesman in the field, the executive on the plane, or the developer working from their home, they're all enabled by mobile capabilities — and they all have different needs for interactivity. Understanding your mobile workforce is critical in designing solutions that fit.
- While we're talking about business requirements,…I wanna make a special call out…regarding the mobile workforce.…Whether it's the salesman in the field,…the executive on the plane,…or the developer working from their home,…they're all enabled by mobile capabilities,…and they all have different needs for interactivity.…Understanding your mobile workforce…is critical in designing solutions that fit.…So, thing number one,…who are your mobile workers?…Try and define the different audiences.…
Does your company let everyone work remotely,…or only some people?…Do you have people whose job…is actually in the field?…Start making a list of who these audiences are.…Once you've determined the who,…it's time to start thinking about the what.…What type of work do these people need to do…at their remote locations?…Do they only need to view the information,…or do they need to edit or create it?…Is it only specific information,…or specific applications?…And then, what about the hardware…they'll need to make this happen?…Are we talking about phones?…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.