In this video, learn some of the difference ways mobile devices can be used for collaboration. As collaborative tools evolve, they become more and more available on mobile devices. The ways that apps are integrated also mean it's becoming easier to use mobile devices not just to consume information, but to actively participate in information flow and even create new information.
- Let's talk a little bit about mobile devices…in relationship to collaboration.…Obviously, having a cell phone or a tablet is going…to help people stay in contact with their coworkers…when they're remote.…This immediately boosts collaboration just…by virtue of making it possible to communicate…in more situations and at more opportunities.…A lot of the best collaborative tools are web-based,…which means they're accessible any time, any place,…and on almost any device,…but remote workers aren't just having conversations.…
They're also using their devices to stay current…and connected to their work, not just their contacts.…Now, as someone who originated back in the Stone Age,…I had a little bit of an adjustment to make…when the mobile revolution hit.…For a long time,…I viewed mobile devices as a communication device only.…I eventually wised-up.…At least to a certain extent,…I realized that you could also use mobile devices…to track business information in semi-real time,…but you know what?…I was still only part of the way caught up.…
- Identify the benefits of modern file collaboration tools.
- Describe the different approaches to setting up team spaces.
- Explain the technical requirements for a collaborative workplace.
- Outline success factors in migrating to a collaborative workplace.
- Illustrate how modern technology supports collaboration.
- Define business collaboration.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. The Toolset of Collaboration
2. Why Digital Collaboration?
3. Things to Consider
4. Fostering a Modern Workplace: Culture Trumps Technology
5. Best Practices
Where to go from here2m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.