Join Sharon Bennett for an in-depth discussion in this video Migrating using the staged method, part of Office 365: Plan for Exchange Online and Skype for Business Online.
- [Instructor] If you are planning on migrating…over a longer period of time and from an Exchange server,…then you will migrate using the staged migration method.…A staged migration method is best…for migrations with over 2,000 mailboxes,…and if your on-premise Exchange server is 2003 or 2007.…A staged migration is not supported…on Exchange Server 2010 or 2013.…Before jumping into a staged migration,…you will need to be sure that…Azure Active Directory Connect is configured.…
Azure Active Directory Connect will synchronize…the on-premise accounts with Azure Active Directory,…which is the same directory that Office 365 uses.…Out of Office notifications will not be migrated.…If you have users who have turned on Out of Office,…the sender will not receive the Out of Office notification.…Only user and resource mailboxes will be migrated.…Distribution groups and contacts…will be migrated through Directory Sync.…Before performing a stage migration,…you'll need to verify that the domain name…that you have registered on premise…
- Managing anti-malware and anti-spam policies
- Using Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection
- Migrating mailboxes to Office 365
- Planning for Exchange Online
- Managing Skype for Business Online
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: migrating using IMAP and the hybrid, staged, and cutover methods. In addition, new videos were added that cover configuring mobile device management, safe links, safe attachments, and client access rules, as well as how to add Pulse to a Skype Meeting Broadcast.