Adding graphical elements to a slide can create visual interest. One option is to insert shapes, but if you can't find the exact shape you need, you can create your own. In this movie, you will know how to merge shapes to create a custom shape that can then be formatted and modified to suit your needs on a slide.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] Powerpoint comes with a number of…shapes you can insert onto a slide…in your presentation, but you can also…create your own custom shapes,…and that's what we're going to do in this movie…with our Landon hotel presentation, Landon hotel…105 if you're catching up, let's go to slide 2…over here on the left hand side with a click,…and now we want to add an actual shape that's going…to be used in an animation in the next movie,…so let's draw our own shape, now the first thing…I'm going to do is go up to the insert tab…and go to shapes, click the drop down you'll see…a number of different categories,…you can see there are lines, rectangles, block arrows,…et cetera, flow chart shapes, all kinds of cool things.…
But we're gonna keep it simple, we're just gonna go to…the circle here, basic shapes, an oval, hold down…your shift key to make it a perfect circle.…We'll do it right up here in this empty space.…We'll start with a nice big one just like that.…Next we'll change the shape fill, click the drop down…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.