PowerPoint allows you to modify the color of objects, such as fill, line, text, and border colors. You can choose theme colors or custom colors from various palettes, but it can be time consuming searching for a matching color. In this movie, you will know how to use the eyedropper tool to borrow a color from an existing object on your slide to be applied to another object, such as its border, to create the perfect match.
- [Voiceover] This next little tip…is going to save you some time…when it comes to finding the exact matching color you want…to apply to formatting on various objects,…including the objects we see here on slide two…of our Landon Hotel presentation.…You can open Landon_Hotel0102…if you're skipping to this movie or getting caught up.…Here on slide two, we have a number of objects.…They have a white border around them, which is okay,…but to really make this match and stand out,…maybe it'd be nice to change the border color…to match one of the colors in our logo.…
Well, all we do is select one of the images…to experiment with it.…Next, we're going to go to the ribbon.…If the Home tab is selected, that's fine.…You don't need to go to Picture Format…because Shape Outline has its own drop-down.…Give it a click…and you'll see Theme Colors to choose from.…None of those really work.…Standard colors, if we went to this dark purple,…that's close, but not exactly what we want.…Maybe we want the bluer purple that we see in the logo.…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.