Managing Records in SharePoint
This course walks through the end-to-end process of setting up records management in SharePoint. Toni Saddler-French will help you understand the importance of gathering key information and designing an effective plan, as well as show some additional resources for guidance and best practices. She then reviews the two key methods of record keeping in SharePoint: "in place" or through a dedicated Records Center. Toni also shows how to combine these two methods and build a custom solution for your organization. Finally, she'll demonstrate information-management policies and auditing logs, and provide some troubleshooting tips.
- What is a record in SharePoint?
- Defining your record-management needs
- Planning for records management
- Using content types with records
- Managing records in place
- Creating a Records Center
- Troubleshooting tips
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Toni Saddler-French and welcome to Managing Records in SharePoint. In this course, we'll look at different ways to manage records in SharePoint and how to set up a solution for your organization. I'll start by showing you some key concepts and planning considerations as well as more resources to explore. Next, I'll show you the two key ways you can manage records, either in place, such as the library where people are working on files, or in Records Center. Then I'll walk you through setting up both in-place records management in a Records Center and show you how to use both solutions together.
Finally, I'll show related features like information management policies and auditing. We'll cover these, plus many other tools and techniques. So, let's get started with Managing Records in SharePoint.
SharePoint 2013: Customizing List Forms86,036 Views
SharePoint 2013 for Site Champions and Power Users123,493 Views
Creating Quick No-Code SharePoint Business Solutions with Composites45,945 Views
SharePoint Designer 2013: Creating Data-Driven Sites95,943 Views
Publishing Sites with SharePoint 201339,857 Views
SharePoint Online Essential Training (2013)1,230,741 Views
SharePoint 2013 Essential Training1,170,790 Views
SharePoint Designer 2013: Custom Workflows450,596 Views
Access 2013 Essential Training2,706,153 Views
InfoPath 2013 Essential Training474,631 Views