Microsoft Planner is a tool that lets you manage group projects by building a list of tasks, assigning those tasks to different team members, setting deadlines, and monitoring the progress. As an overview, see some existing tasks in plan. Then, add a new task, assign it to a team member, and set a deadline. Take a quick look at monitoring your team as they complete their tasks.
- [Instructor] Microsoft Planner is a tool…that lets you manage group projects…by building a lists of tasks, assigning…those tasks to different team members,…setting deadlines, and monitoring the progress.…The best way to introduce Planner is to…dive in and see it at work.…So here on the Office 365 website,…I'll click on the tile for Planner…to go to the Planner interface.…Taking a quick look around, over on the…sidebar on the left, I can see that…I have several plans already listed.…A plan represents a collection of tasks…that will be organized and assigned…among a specific group of people.…
Now, where have we talked about…specific groups of people before?…And why do the names of these…plans look so familiar?…Well, as you might expect, a plan in Planner…is actually an Office 365 group.…If you create a plan in Planner,…you're creating a group.…If you create a group in SharePoint…or Outlook on the web, you will see…that group appear as a plan in Planner.…If you watch the movie on Microsoft Teams,…you know that, when you create a team in…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Office 365 accounts and tools
- Office 365 Groups and SharePoint
- Choosing the right tools for your collaboration needs
- Working with shared calendars in Outlook
- Making video and audio calls with Skype for Business
- Managing collaborative conversations with Teams
- Editing and co-authoring files stored on OneDrive or SharePoint
- Choosing a location to store files
- Sharing files from OneDrive or SharePoint
- Sharing files in Teams