Explore how to reset passwords and assign and remove licenses in Office 365.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at some of the actions that you can take to resolve password options and licensing problems with Microsoft cloud services. We'll take a look at resetting passwords, assigning licenses and removing licenses. First, we need to sign in to the Office 365 admin console as a tenant administrator at office.com. I'll use my sellsnowtoeskimos.com demonstration account, enter my password and click sign in. I then need to click the admin tile and expand the left-hand menu.
I'll select users and then active users. Select the user that you want to manage and then click reset password. I'll select Alex and click reset password. We'll then follow the instructions on screen and choose the reset password options. This can include sending them a random password and optionally copying the password to an administrator. Let's close out of here and now look at how to assign cloud service licenses.
Let's stay with Alex and now look for his product licenses. On the right-hand side, I can select edit and in the license pane toggle the buttons on for the required licenses, remembering to click save if I've met any amendments. Now let's look at how to assign cloud service licenses. Select the user that you wish to assign a license. I will just assign a license to Delia. I'll type Delia in the search and click the search icon.
I'll then select this user and next to product licenses click edit. I can now choose the licenses that I wish to allocate. I'll allocate the Enterprise Mobility and Security E5 license by clicking the toggle to on. I can also allocate an Office 365 Enterprise E5 license by clicking the toggle to on as well. Remember to click save at the end to make sure the settings are saved and then click close.
If you want to assign multiple licenses, we can do this in bulk. In the views dropdown, I'll select unlicensed users and then select the users that I want to bulk add licenses. On the right-hand side under bulk actions, I'll click the edit product licenses. We can now choose the option to replace existing product license assignments or add to existing product licenses. I'll keep the replace existing product license assignments option and then click next.
We can then choose to add the licenses as before and then click replace. Notice that you'll only be able to assign a license if one is available. Now let's take a look at how to remove a license. Check the box next to the user or users for whom you wish to remove the license. I want to remove the license for Alisha. I'll select the edit option next to product licenses and remove the toggle next to Enterprise Mobility and Security E5.
I'll click save and then click close. We can see that Alisha has no products assigned to her account. I can now click close. To reassign a license from one user to another, you must first complete the remove a license step to free up the license and then complete an assign a license step. Don't forget to use the views built into the admin center. These include licensed users and unlicensed users and the ability to create a custom view.
- Common sign-in issues and resolutions
- Network connectivity tools
- Installing and running the Microsoft Office 365 Support and Recovery Assistant tool
- Troubleshooting Exchange ActiveSync
- Outlook profile repair
- Troubleshooting OneDrive for Business issues
- Delegated mailbox issues
- Troubleshooting common Office 365 SharePoint problems
- Common Skype for Business Online problems