Between our work and personal lives, it can be difficult to keep track of all our appointments in one calendar. You can be much more productive if you had a single view into all your calendars from one place. In this video, productivity expert Steve Somers will show you how to pull multiple calendars together and strategies for using colors to visually distinguish your calendar priorities.
- View Offline
- Between everything we have going on at home and at work…it can be tough to keep track of all the events in our lives…one aspect of being productive is having a single pane…where we can see everything that's going on.…In this video we'll walk you through some ways to use…Outlook in order to aggregate your various calendars…into a single view.…We'll also take a look at how you can do the same thing…using your mobile device.…I can say from experience that aggregating my calendars…into a single view has given me a more holistic view…of where I need to be and when.…Let's start by looking at my Outlook calendar.…
As we can see, I've highlighted different events…in different colors based on categories on areas of focus…so I can see at a glance what I'm doing to balance between…customer facing projects, project work, personal development…and so forth.…However, what I would really like is to have my personal…and team calendars in the same space so I can see…everything with one view.…Let's start by looking at the personal calendar…
Next, learn which methods—email, phone, Skype, or face-to-face discussions—are most effective for communicating, and explore how to best plan and run effective meetings. By the end of the course, you'll be able to build a personal productivity strategy that works for you and your team.
- Exploring GTD
- Planning your day and week
- Managing your inbox
- Storing files on OneDrive and SharePoint
- Taking notes with OneNote
- Communicating effectively
- Planning productive meetings
- Running successful meetings