Office ProPlus can be deployed either manually by the user or controlled using the central deployment option. The central deployment option requires the Office Deployment Tool. This tool allows the administrator to control the deployment and the devices that Office Proplus will be installed on.
- [Instructor] There are two deployment options…for Office 365 ProPlus.…There is user managed deployment…and the administrator managed deployment.…When a user manages their own deployment,…they have the freedom to install Office 365 ProPlus…directly from the Office 365 portal.…The user must have local administrative rights…on their device, and all the applications are installed.…The user cannot pick and choose…the specific applications for installation.…
The device must also be connected to the internet…for the duration of the installation.…When the user manages their own deployment,…IT cannot control which devices…the application is installed on.…In this deployment model,…all updates are automatically installed in the background.…This may present a hiccup down the road,…such as an update affecting macros in Excel.…The Office deployment tool will be used…when IT manages the deployment.…When using the Office deployment tool,…we can control applications that are to be installed,…we can control which devices the applications…
- Restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus
- Restricting and revoking activation
- Self-provisioning Windows Store apps and Office for Mac
- Managing deployments of Office 365 ProPlus
- Enabling telemetry
- Deploying agents
- Configuring Outlook, Skype, and Office Online
- Implementing authentication
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 08/14/2018. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: restricting self-provisioning of Office 365 ProPlus, managing streaming updates, and customizing deployment using the Office Deployment Tool. In addition, new videos were added that cover configuring Visio Online and creating a pilot group for testing Office 365 ProPlus updates.