Over time, you may have teams or conversations that are no longer important to your organization. So, you may need to delete or hide them. In this video, learn about creating additional teams and organizing them. Then, see how to delete teams and channels.
- [Instructor] As projects finish,…team members move around…and conversations come to a natural conclusion.…You may want to keep things clean…by deleting old content and managing your team members.…I want to start by making a second team.…So, over here on the side bar on the far left,…I want to make sure I'm on the Teams category.…Then I can go down to the bottom of this column…and add a new team.…Now we've seen this process before,…so I'm going to go through this fairly quickly.…I'm going to call this team Marketing,…and then I just want to add one person to this team,…so I'll add Lea,…and then I'll hit Done here.…
So, now I have a second team.…And you can make as many teams as you want,…and they'll all be listed here in this category.…So now that I have two teams,…I can look at some of my management options.…When you look at the name of any of your teams,…you should see a button on the right side.…It's got three little dots.…And when you click on that, it opens up a menu.…There are lots of options here for managing your teams.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Touring the interface
- Creating teams and adding members
- Sending, receiving, editing, and deleting messages
- Using chats for private messages
- Managing and deleting teams, channels, and team members
- Scheduling a meeting and inviting attendees
- Sharing files
- Customizing channel tabs
- Using bots to add extra functionality
- Adjusting user settings
- Accessing administrator settings
- Using the mobile app for iOS and Android