Busy professionals balance their work week to include time to achieve their professional goals. In this video tutorial with productivity and time-management coaches Steve Nguyen and Steve Somers, viewers will learn how to focus their time on what matters most to them, including achieving personal and professional goals. Using Outlook with Microsoft's Office 365 (O365) Exchange calendar tool, the authors teach the concept of "time-blocking" to achieve goals.
- [Voiceover] Have you ever finished a working day…and thought to yourself,…"I did a ton of things,…"but I don't really feel like I accomplished anything."…Many of us operate in a culture of busy,…running around, checking things off our to-do list,…but not doing so in a very mindful way.…Instead of operating in a culture of busy,…think about shifting to a culture of productive,…an environment in which the tasks you accomplish…contribute towards your stated goals.…For many people, time management and productivity…consist, in a large part, of prioritizing tasks…that are in front of you.…
The problem with simply relying upon prioritization…is that it doesn't do anything to create more time for you.…This video will focus on investing a little time…in creating a system…for including your goals as part of your planning.…Making sure you focus not just on the urgent,…but also the important.…By investing time…to plan for the things you have control over,…you'll be more able to achieve your goals…and be more productive.…
Next, learn which methods—email, phone, Skype, or face-to-face discussions—are most effective for communicating, and explore how to best plan and run effective meetings. By the end of the course, you'll be able to build a personal productivity strategy that works for you and your team.
- Exploring GTD
- Planning your day and week
- Managing your inbox
- Storing files on OneDrive and SharePoint
- Taking notes with OneNote
- Communicating effectively
- Planning productive meetings
- Running successful meetings