Sometimes, when working with images on a slide in a PowerPoint presentation, the image background conflicts with the slide background, and it would be nice to be able to remove the image background color to be able to see the slide in behind. In this movie, you will know how to choose a color in an image to be made transparent using the set transparent color function.
- [Voiceover] This next trick is going to be very useful…when you want to make a specific color…in an image transparent.…In other words, so you can see through it.…We're going to switch to a new slide here,…slide three of our Landon Hotel presentation.…Landon_Hotel0107, if you're catching up.…Here, we have a map of London.…Maybe we want the word London to be this purple color.…Well, we can't really do that because when we click,…you can see, it's actually an image made up…of all of this text and graphics inside.…
So, here's the trick.…The first thing we want to do…is take off those soft edges around the outside,…so when we choose a transparent color,…we don't get these soft edges.…So, we'll go to Picture Format…and from here, let's open up the Format Pane.…Over here on the right, where we see Soft Edges,…give it a click.…You can see it's set to five points.…We're going to set it to zero…or just click the drop-down for Presets…and choose No Soft Edges.…Now we have hard edges.…That's going to help.…The next thing we're going to do…
- Animating objects with the Animation Painter
- Creating custom shapes and animations
- Playing sounds
- Accessing recent files fast
- Reducing file size
- Customizing the interface
- Navigating from the keyboard
- Adjusting spacing
- Creating 3D images
- Coordinating transitions
- Reusing slides
- Saving and sharing presentations
Skill Level Advanced
1. Top Ten Tips
2. Tips for File Management
Access recent files quickly4m 25s
3. Customize the User Interface
Customize the UI4m 21s
4. Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts
5. Work with Text and Media
6. Work with Objects and Animations
7. Share Presentations
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.